Zoaring With Glinda

Friday, February 1, 2013

What's your favorite?

Commercials serve many purposes.  They may provide information, sell a service or product, and give you a chance to pop the popcorn and grab a drink before programming resumes.  There are regular and extra-ordinary commercials.  In thinking about the ones I like the most, they would be the funny ones and the surprising ones.
Here are some from my list:
The 'Dr Pepper' commercials from years ago were great.  They would have you watching some scenario, and all of a sudden when you least expected it, they would have a chorus of singers and dancers burst upon the scene and announce.
'Dr. Pepper...so misunderstood......'  and you were not expecting it.  A Gotcha Moment for sure!!
.The 'Frosted Mini Wheat ' characters who recently had a 'fiber test' run on the newest addition to acknowledge that it was indeed a member of the 'Keep them focused' group was clever.


Aflac has had some humorous and original ways of delivering their message.



Geiko has had some pretty annoying themes...I never liked the Cavemen ones, and now they are taking the 'when pigs fly' ones to the point of the absurd.  However, I LOVE the casting and everything about the, 'Happier than a witch in a broom factory! commercial to the point that I watch it to the end...every time!!


Remember...
Where's the beef?
That's a spicy meat'a'ball!!
The one where the dog snaps a Polaroid picture of the cat doing all of the mischief to prove that it wasn't him!!
Okay...your turn.  Add one to the list.  What's one of your favorites for whatever reason?  There are no correct or incorrect answers.

8 Comments:

  • You asked....we have always liked the financial wizard baby!

    lv

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At February 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM  

  • well, we always hit the mute button while commericals are on...lol!

    By Blogger Great Grandma Lin, At February 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM  

  • We had a great one that ran during Sabres games a few years ago...

    It was a guy sitting home doing housework with his wife and he got a phone call. On the line is a voice that says..

    "Where are you Steve??!?"

    Steve says something to the effect of "Had to do some stuff around the house"

    Voice on phone "Aw come on!!!!"
    Another voice in background "But it's Saturday".

    Cut to the person on the phone...it's a talking fish.

    He says...

    "Real good Steve. Real good. We were biting this morning. We were biting...this morning."

    I'll try to find it online somewhere...

    14344

    By Anonymous Jeremy, At February 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM  

  • OK...turns out my memory was fuzzy.

    Here it is though:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulR422JbFNQ

    By Anonymous Jeremy, At February 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM  

  • I've been watching the superbowl 2013 commercials, some are such a treat every year!

    By Blogger Christine, At February 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM  

  • I'm not a sports fan, but I like the Coca Cola commercial with Mean Joe Green and the little boy fan who gives him a Coke and gets a jersey.

    I also used to like those Budweiser frog or iguana or lizard or something commercial.

    I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. :-)

    By Blogger Kay, At February 2, 2013 at 2:27 AM  

  • I have two absolute faves, the Shaq advert for the car, where he points with his finger and says I have shoes bigger....LOVE IT!

    Plus the little Darth Vader Aaudi ad from the Superbowl a couple of years ago....ADORABLE!

    By Blogger Unknown, At February 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM  

  • Hmm..interesting comments..my husband watches the Super Bowl just for the commercials

    By Blogger RamblingWoods2.com, At February 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home