What a concept!
Just have to say it!! I have watched 3 commercials with the current New York State Governor Patterson asking for support to reelect him.All three messages speak of what he has accomplished [whether popular or not], his education
[focused enough to complete it in less time than usual], and his record thusfar [ after accepting the job when Elliott Spitzer had to unexpectedly resign]. He states that he has made [governor]mistakes that he has learned from and has the best interest of the people of NY as his priority. There are tough decisions necessary to get the economy working, and we know from Abe Lincoln that you can't please all of the people all of the time. Not once does Patterson badmouth other candidates or point out the opponents' lack of talent, indiscretions, or party affiliations.
He speaks about himself.Holy mackeral! How refreshing! And interesting to watch and listen.
I am NOT campaigning for/against him.
My one and only point is that it is possible to run for office stating facts about yourself and your plans/ideas without being negative or evil.
Kudos to him!
Labels: commentary, politics


3 Comments:
So there IS hope for our political campaigners then? It would certainly be lovely if everybody follows his lead and if he keeps positive in his campaign as well.
By
Kay, At
November 15, 2009 at 3:09 PM
He has to be very careful after the way he handled the senate appointment. I would guess he is hoping that people won't notice that awful job he has done... But that isn't your point, I know.. I will keep my eyes open for those commercials...
By
RamblingWoods2.com, At
November 15, 2009 at 5:45 PM
time for politics to change?
By
Great Grandma Lin, At
November 15, 2009 at 6:27 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home